Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Small Break

Let me take a small break to introduce you to another amazing piece of music. Growing up, my dad had several pieces of music that he thought were amazing. One of them was a recording of the men from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing "Pilgrim's Chorus" from Wagner's (Vahg-nur) Tannhauser. (Imagine an umlaut over the second a, making that into an 'oy' sound.) It's a gorgeous piece of music and my only bone to pick with the recording was that after the acapella part, an organ joined them instead of an orchestra. Morgan and I really wanted to hear an updated version of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing it backed up by the Orchestra on Temple Square. (Or whatever the orchestra they often sing with is called.) Last night, my brother and I found a recording that fulfilled my dream! It's from last year. It's another one that I can't embed, but you simply MUST go listen to it RIGHT NOW. Here it is.

Now, if the speakers you're around aren't that great, you'll have to listen to it a second time on the best you can find. It's even better! (And you'll find it won't be a hardship to listen to it more than once. I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I do love that song. It always makes my heart soar. What power coming from the MoTab Men!

Unknown said...

Enjoyed. Thanks!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Book of A Thousand Days DOES pick up! Really well too. There is a lot of action in the 2nd half.
One does get a little stir crazy up in that tower...but once they get out things get better!!

I know you'll enjoy it!