Friday, July 10, 2009

Sister Kaylynn

I met Kaylynn when I was in Young Women. I was a Laurel. She was a Leader. The bishop mandated that though we weren't terribly far apart in age, I had to call her Sister instead of by her name. She told me the day I graduated, I could call her Kaylynn. And I did. :)

I always enjoyed Kaylynn. She was a fun leader who always had nice things to say. My teenage memory being as sketchy as it is, I don't have many stories to tell about her specifically. But she got back in touch with me recently thanks to Facebook, I think. (Right?) Or my blog. Ooo. Now I'm thinking it was through blogs somehow. I've been having a blast getting to know her again through her blog. She has three darling kids and is getting her master's in teaching! Wow! Obviously a very smart woman.

Not only is she smart, but she has good taste in movies and books. She recently posted about one of my favorite movies, "Walk, Don't Run." She came up with a dream cast for a remake of it. I won't taint you with her choices--not because I don't like them, but I want to see what you'll come up with. Any ideas?

Anyway, meet Kaylynn. A power woman of talent, taste, education and breeding. (Do I sound like a Jane Austen novel or what?)

1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

Thanks for the great words--I would always like to be described in Jane Austin's way. I love reconnecting with you. I found you through facebook, but am so glad you have a blog!