Friday, July 17, 2009

No goats in this post

This post is about my friend Heidi. The title of this post is just to tease her based on a comment recently. :) The funny thing about Heidi is I lived near her two different times before I really got to know her. I lived in the same apartment complex forever and ever and she kept moving in and out. I think it was the second time that she was actually roommates with my cousin, but even then, we didn't see each other much. I knew she was nice and had good taste. After all, we agreed on Jane Austen and L.M. Montgomery. What more do you need to base a friendship on? But it wasn't until the third time we lived near each other that we got to be good friends.

She worked at the library. As a frequent patron of the library, I would see her and say hi and we'd talk books and life. But the clincher was when I had to leave my new husband for two weeks on a trip. He was really busy with school, so while we talked a lot on the phone, he couldn't devote as much time as I wanted. (It wouldn't have been possible.) Heidi kept me up to date and smiling with goings-on at the library and happy thoughts and listened to me whine about being away from home. (Even though I was actually happy to be where I was.) She wrote me every day, long emails just like I love to receive, though I'm bad at writing them generally. :)

Heidi is yet another wonderfully talented friend. She sings and writes and boy, her grammar in impeccable when she wants it to be! She has another talent that I envy. She's really great at giving gifts. She got me and Morgan tickets to see "Wicked" here, four months after we moved. It was fantastic! We were so grateful to her!

I think the thing I like most about Heidi is we can talk about anything. I always learn from her and we keep each other from getting too depressed. :) At least, she keeps me from being too depressed. I'm not as great a friend. But I really appreciate Heidi and everything about her. What a GREAT girl!!

8 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

What do you mean you're not as great a friend?! Whatever! That's how I feel about ME in our friendship! There have been many times when the only one I could turn to was you, and I'm so glad you've always been there for me!! I'm also really grateful we got to know each other, too. Thanks for all of the nice compliments--you're so kind and awesome!

Unknown said...

SARA LYN!!!!!! My friend. I did not know that you had a blog. FUN FUN FUN!!! Are you talking about the Heidi Tice that we all know and love? Where is she now and what is she up to?

Sara Lyn said...

Yep, Wendy. You've got the right Heidi. She runs the "Austen Knows Best" blog I've got on my blog list if you want to contact her. I know she'd love to hear from you!

Svedi Pie said...

1. Heidi is awesome!! I agree with everything you wrote about her.

2. I think I might start introducing people on my blog like you're doing. I am thoroughly enjoying it! :) Hope you don't mind.

Sara Lyn said...

Shara - Go for it! I'm glad you're enjoying. I was wondering if everyone was bored out of their minds. :)

pcNut said...

Yay for Heidi! Obviously one of the sweetest, most talented people I know.
I love hearing about such great people and how they treat common friends!
Love,
Sarah Elliott

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Ha! I didn't know Heidi sang!
Heidi is my ever faithful blog commenter. I can always count on her. =)

ldsjaneite said...

I'm loving these introductions, too. Especially reading these nice comments about me. Y'all are so sweet!