Monday, July 27, 2009

Alecia

Boring title, but this is not a boring girl. (I'm not picking on your name, Alecia. I'm having a profound lack of creativity these past couple of weeks.) Alecia moved into our ward just before we did. At the time, there were relatively few young couples in the ward, so we got to be friends. Lucky for us, Alecia is great at reaching out to friends. (Something I'm not great at.) Our friendship started innocently. Dinner and games. But then one day, we got to really talk.

I love talking to Alecia. She is interesting, funny, and smart. She's also a great listener. In our conversation, we talked about things that move people from acquaintances to good friends. I appreciate her trust in me and also appreciate that I can trust her.

Alecia is very creative. She can do really cool things like reupholster chairs. Wow! She's really good at putting pictures together. And she cooks like nobody's business. You haven't lived until you've tasted her BBQ chicken pizza. She told me it was easy. Can something that good be easy? I don't know. And she does lots of other really amazing things like put people at ease, play with children, love her dog...

I don't know if I've given you a good sense of Alecia, but you would all adore this wonderful girl!

2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Did I meet her when I was visiting? I know I've heard you tell me about her. She sounds great.

Alecia said...

You are the sweetest!