Thursday, July 2, 2009

On a Happier Note...

(By the way, the way blogs are set up to show the newest post first always blows my novel-reading mind. Shouldn't this come after my previous post you you understand why we need a happier note? Anyway...)

Let me introduce you to my first follower. Her name is Jannie. If I had a picture of Jannie, I would post it, but I don't so you'll just have to deal with it. Jannie was my sanity one year at college. Well, really post college. She was my escape when I needed to get away from my apartment. She made me laugh when I was depressed. It is because of Jannie I wore a wedding dress. Not only did she talk me into the idea. (I thought it was a little crazy to spend $500 on a wedding dress when I would wear it for all of 4 hours in my life.) She also made my wedding dress. I would post a picture of said beautiful dress, but unfortunately those pictures are on my other computer and the track pad on that computer doesn't work. Sorry, y'all.

One other thing about Jannie and me (since, of course, this is my thoughts on Jannie and not a complete character sketch) that tickles me is she was really good friends with the girl my husband was interested in before he liked me. So when I would bemoan how he wasn't interested in me, she would tell me how nice the other girl was. Big fat lot of help. :) Actually, she was right. That girl really was nice. But somehow she missed his perfection and sent him my way.

Oh, did this post turn from Jannie to me? Well, it is my blog. (I hope you can hear humor in the voice here.) Back to Jannie. Jannie is one of those wonderful friends that you can not talk to for two years (yes, there really should be a space between can and not) and call her and talk as if it had been two weeks. She is the kind of person who would make a wedding dress is the week and a half she has between her huge trip and a friend's wedding. (While she's working a real job.) She is charitable, kind, thoughtful, true...

I really could go on, but what am I setting myself up for? :) Let me sum Jannie up. Jannie makes people happy.

Jannie, don't you want to move where it's green and beautiful? I miss you!

5 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

Sounds like a great friend! And I thought your dress what beautiful!

pcNut said...

Jannie sounds wonderful:) and that wedding dress was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it!

Kaylynn said...

You actually have a picture of your wedding dress on this blog--it's under the title coincidence. I'm glad she talked you into wearing a wedding dress.

Sara Lyn said...

I totally forgot about that picture. Thanks for reminding me. I think it's the only one I have on this computer. :)

Kristy Lynne said...

I love that Jannie valued your worth and femininity enough to help you see it yourself. You are lovely and we do love being around you.