Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our phones

When we went to get new phones last year, the person at the store asked, "What features are you looking for?" We said, "We want to be able to call people." She replied, "But what features do you want?" We said, "We want to be able to call people." She persisted, "But do you want to listen to music, take pictures, have internet access?" We said, "We want to be able to call people." So we got the cheapest phones. (Didn't have to pay much at all, really.) However, I am quite astounded by what our little phones can do. Let me give you an example. They can take pictures like this:













Not bad for our phones, no? It seems you can't find a phone these days without things like cameras, etc, etc, etc....

Our phones also act as our watches, alarm clocks, pedometers, timers, and address books. They have a nifty program that allows us to create out own ringtones. I realize this is hardly impressive to those of you with iPhones or whatever, but considering we only wanted to call people... Oh, and they also provide the ability to access the internet, but we cancelled that and text messaging because I find both rather annoying. If I want the internet, I'll just have to wait until I can find a computer. And if I want to send a text message... Oh, wait. I don't. :)

P.S. The last picture, I realize, is a little bit of a departure from the rest, but there were these gorgeous magnolias in bloom that day. We wanted to give a little perspective on how huge they were. Fun, no?

10 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

What great pictures! Subjects were pretty good for photo taking, too--even the last one. :-) I have tried to get my 4 pictures off of my phone, and haven't figured it out, yet. Of course, I haven't really tried hard to figure it out either.

AMEN to no texting! And accessing the Internet? Why? Are people really that obsessed and dependent on it? So sad. Here is how we see communication, thinking, and memory skills decling. I feel "Get a Life" is a phrase well termed applicable. :-)

Unknown said...

So, this is my first comment ever on SaraLyn's blog. And considering the fact that I don't have a blog, or go blog-surfing, this is a big moment for me. I just wanted to say that I love you and your impeccable taste!

Leanne said...

I am the same way with my phone...when I told the guy at the store I didn't text, or surf the web, or whatever with it, he looked at me like I had sprouted another head.

I like your pictures. You're one step ahead of me, in that I can't even figure out how to get pictures off of my phone and onto my computer...

Sara Lyn said...

Heidi - I'm glad we agree.

Morgan - Love you too.

Leanne - That's funny! That's how I felt too. Did I just grow a extra arm? :)

Leanne and Heidi - It wasn't me who figured out how to get the pictures off the phone. It was Morgan. I think there's a USB wire that came with our phone or something. Maybe y'all have something similar? Don't ask me. I'm proud of myself for blogging. :)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Wow, you took those pictures from your phone!? I think it takes better pictures than my camera!!

Unknown said...

I love your pictures! It's snowing here right now, so to see the sun shining there makes me jealous! Love ya girl!

Sara Lyn said...

Serene - On our phones, the pictures actually look really bad, so I held no stock in them, but when I saw them on the computer, they look better than a lot of the pictures on OUR camera too! :)

Wendy - Yuck, snow?! I'm sorry! You should come visit Florida in the winter. If I never saw snow again, it would be too soon. :)

Seth said...

Don't give all the credit to the camera. I know that's beside your point, but some of those are beautiful compositions.

Sara Lyn said...

Seth - Morgan took all of those pictures except for the last. He's big on good composition and I think he does a pretty great job with it! And he keeps experimenting.

Renee said...

Wow, those pictures look like they're pretty high quality. My iPhone can do just about anything, but the picture quality is really lacking in it.