Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm Back and Introducing Mrs. Tapa

Shara said she missed my posts, so here's to you, Shara. As an excuse, I suppose I might feel a little talked out after the last month. I'm used to spending most of my weeks holed up in my little room with no one to talk to. I spent five weeks in constant chatter. (Which those of you who know me at all, know I'm a talkative little thing and given the chance, will talk your ear off.) Not only that, but I got used to conversation again and it's hard to get back in the mode of... I don't know. Lecturing? :)

Anyways, here goes:

Honestly, I can't remember the first time I met Mandy. We lived in different wards, but on the same floor of our apartment complex in college. I don't remember if she approached me first or I approached her. (Mandy, do you remember any of this?) I just remember I really loved to talk to her. We had some great conversations. And watched the new Peter Pan together, which is, of course, a bonding experience. This is also the girl who was dating a good friend of mine and I told her one day, "Don't let him go! He's a good man." To my mortification, she told me that he had broken up with her the night before! Oi. I have since tried to be much less stupid in my questions and make sure people are still dating before saying something similar! Luckily, I had the pleasure of introducing Mandy to her husband, a boy I had known for years. (She'd obviously forgiven me for being so inept.) They now have two adorable children.

Why do I love admire Mandy? Why not? She is one of the most kind and generous of souls. She's talented and fun! She's very loyal. I love the way she talks about her family. Oh! That's another thing. We knew people in common because she grew up in a town with a bunch of family friends. How's that for cool? I'm having a hard time saying this, Mandy, because I feel like you're family and how do you introduce people so close? You know what I mean when I say you're a GREAT friend!

As a little postscript here, let me just apologize for being so bad at these. I really want y'all to meet each other, but I don't want to step on any toes and share too personal information on the internet. That leaves things very vague that I wasn't good at describing in the first place. Just take my word for it. Mandy's a winner!

2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I love Mandy! (Hi Mandy!) We also had that Snowflake connection, as well as some of her family being in my ward. But where I knew her best was in Women's Chorus. And I too was always impressed by her kind, sweet soul.

Svedi Pie said...

:) I know what you mean about not wanting to share things too personal. But at the same time I love hearing about this. I feel I should know Mandy. Do I? Did she move in after I moved out? What was her maiden name?