Saturday, September 5, 2009

Amy not Aymie

Meet Amy. Not my little sister. (That's Bee.) This Amy and I met last year in Primary. She's a counselor in the presidency and I was the pianist. She had a baby last year, the cuddliest little thing. I steal that baby (as does everyone else) whenever possible.

One of the things I like most about Amy is how friendly she is in a quiet way. She always asks how I'm doing and chats with me for a little bit. One time, after being at an activity at her house, she walked me to my car and we chatted for 20 minutes until she realized maybe she shouldn't leave her other guests. :) When she was looking for a house, she invited me along to sit in the car with her kids. I was so flattered she would think of me! I had a great time chatting with her in the car and holding the baby when she got fussy while Amy was looking at a house.

I'm glad that Amy went out of her way to get to know me so I had the chance to get to know her. (You all know by now that I'm not a terribly outgoing person.) She's nice, fun, intelligent, interesting... Not to mention hardworking and sacrificing. She hosted a get together of women from the ward at her house late at night for many months in a row. Wow! That's love! Don't you wish she were in your ward?

[And if you're wondering what the obscure title is from, think Brian Regan.]

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

She sounds great. Did I meet her? Or, at least, the adorable cuddly baby? I would love to have her in my ward!

But I'd love even more to have YOU in my ward!

Sara Lyn said...

I'm not sure if you met her. You can see her little thumbnail on the side under my followers. I love to have your in OUR ward. :) If you ever want to move...

Amy G. said...

You are way too kind. I don't suppose I ever properly thanked you for baby/toddler/car sitting... I know it had to be totally boring...like sitting in the parking lot of Disney World all day - THAT kind of boring. You should come hang out sometime... anytime, really. We could "pretend" to clean and organize my house while we watch silly movies and paint our nails. :)

Svedi Pie said...

She sounds awesome. I love people who are open and inviting and reach out to people. They're the best.

Sara Lyn said...

Any - Sitting in the car wasn't all that bad. It was only for 10 minutes or so. I'd love to come over and "clean." :) Let me know a good day.

Shara - I agree. You're one of those people, too.