Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Juh9

Did you think I missed the fact that I had typed nonsense in the title? Nope. This post is about Jeanine. (nine, 9. Get it???) Okay, maybe I'm not so hilarious, but the creative juices aren't flowing very well right now. I don't think this has ever been Jeanine's problem.

Jeanine was one of my five first roommates. She's also the roommate I roomed with for the longest time. (Three and a half years altogether, wasn't it? Four?) Whatever. Jeanine is one of the most creative and fun people I know. Mom loved when I called with Jeanine stories because they were always interesting and usually funny. She got me out of my comfort zone to do things like watch couples make out outside of our window from our couch while eating popcorn. (Drove us crazy when they sat on our bench to do that. Ick!) Another thing we did was "synchronized swimming" with our feet draped over the back of the couch to beautiful, loud music.

As fun as Jeanine is, one of the things I appreciate most about her is her deep insights on topics ranging from politics to philosophy to the gospel and all sorts of other places. Jeanine is a deep thinker. I was always flattered when she chose me to pontificate with. That was one of my favorite activities.

I'm skipping telling you about all her accomplishments. Writer, artist (her drawing of the Provo Temple hung on our apartment wall and people were always surprised to know it wasn't a "professional who did it), mother, homemaker, game writer, etc... But to me, Jeanine is chips and salsa, brownies and deep conversation. A perfect combination.

4 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Ahhh... the memories are being flooded with Campus Plaza craziness. Some of my favorite memories. =) Love you!

Svedi Pie said...

Absolutely, 100% yes. She is all of those things. I love Jeanine. I'm so glad I found her blog recently. I love this post :)

ldsjaneite said...

I didn't know her as well, but I do remember her. And that Becky loved her. That was good enough for me!

P.S. I just gave you an award at austenknowsbest.

Jannie said...

I would've liked to have met Jeanine... sounds like a person I'd really enjoy!

...and I agree, couples making out on those Campus Plaza benches just outside our apartment windows was really ICKY.