Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The moral of the story is...

So this story doesn't show me in the best light, but as you all know how imperfect I am, I suppose you won't be shocked.

Yesterday, my day didn't go as planned and when I couldn't find something I really needed for work, I got awfully irritated. (Or I irritated myself as I believe some other languages would put it.) I called Morgan because he had used said object last. He didn't know where it was and did not seem helpful to me on the phone. So I quickly ended our call and paced around the house, annoyed. But, then the Spirit started nudging. "Maybe you shouldn't be so rude to your nice husband who takes such good care of you and works so hard." Huh! [Notice I was still in a very bad mood here.] "Maybe you're in the wrong here and your attitude is not helping matters." Yeah, well... "Maybe you should call back and apologize for being so mean to your very patient husband who told you how sorry he was that he can't remember where it is." Fine. So I swallowed my pride and called. Amazingly, he graciously accepted my apology and right as we were getting off the phone, thought of one last place what I was missing might be. Guess what. There it was!

So the moral of the story is...

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Good story with excellent moral(s).

pcNut said...

Love you Ra:)
Ah, I need those nudges:)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

...don't ever call your husband when you know he used the lost something last?

Haha, just kidding.

Sara Lyn said...

I should note that it was in a place I would NEVER have guessed. Good thing I called back or I would have been all day without!

Svedi Pie said...

We're smarter when we're nicer :)

Good story!