Monday, June 29, 2009

A Surprise on the Road

This afternoon, I was on my way to babysit, driving down a two lane road. The car coming towards me in the other lane was holding his hand out the window, which I thought was a little strange seeing as it was raining slightly. I looked back into my lane just in time to see this:



Try to picture them in my lane, walking the other way. I slammed on the brakes and barely avoided hitting them. They finished crossing the road and I took several deep breaths before continuing my drive. Ducklings are so darling and I'm very, very glad I didn't hit them.

4 comments:

Svedi Pie said...

They are darling. Did I ever tell you that Craig and I go to the duck pond all the time? It's our spot :)

I'm glad you didn't hit them too!

Leanne said...

Aww...

I get in similar situations a lot, but there's a turtle in the road instead.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Did you have the "Five little Ducks" song stuck in your head the rest of the day?
I would have.

Marcie said...

Oh, how cute! I'm glad you got a picture of them.