Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Perfect Lighting

Recently, as I was driving around town (I know, I sure drive a lot), I noticed the coolest lighting effect on the trees. Like this one:


And this one:


Then I noticed it wasn't a lighting effect. (Notice how it's raining and there's no particular lightning. I don't know what this is called.)


It's second Spring down here.


We're not sure why.


(This following one looks very cool if you click on it to make it bigger.)


But we've sure been enjoying the view.


It's fun to speculate about, but I don't know if any of our speculations have any scientific basis.


Isn't it pretty?


Just wanted to share.


Because I like you.


If you haven't already, I would suggest you click on each of these pictures to see them bigger. They are gorgeous!

5 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Cool pictures. I thought of some uplifting books: Christy by Catherine Marshall, most books by Louisa May Alcott,

A more recent:

I'm Proud of You: My Friendship with Fred Rogers. (Tim Madigan) I loved this book because Mr. Rogers is everything you think him to be. The author, Tim, was going through a difficult time in his like, and Mr. Rogers helped him--amazing!

The last: Poster Child: A Memoir. (Emily Rapp) This is about a girl who grew up with a leg amputation.

Both books were at the public library. Good luck, and good reading!

Sara Lyn said...

Thanks for the reading. I think we must have similar tastes. I love Louisa May Alcott and Christy. I also loved I'm Proud of You. (I don't know anyone else who's read it. Glad you found it.) I haven't even heard of Poster Child, so I'll have to look that up. Thanks!!

Debbie said...

Loving the nature pictures. These days I have been enjoying nature more from indoors. Its sooooo hot! Its semi-bearable, but the boys are grumpy when we're outside for too long.

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

(sigh) Ah, trees. How I miss you so!

Svedi Pie said...

FL is so pretty and green. I love it! :D