Thursday, April 16, 2009

Something to make me happy

Okay, I'm still annoyed, but I've found something to make me happy. (Actually, lots of somethings. Don't let me fool you. I have a great life.)

I was driving along today and saw a sign. (No. Literally.) It looked something like this:


Music to my ears. Eyes? Music? Never mind. (Speaking of which, I heard a great oboe/flute concerto today composed by a man I had never heard of. Beautiful!)

I dropped by said book sale. It was at a used bookstore I like to frequent when I happen to be nearby. I've had some pretty neat finds, like this one:



And this one:


And even this one:


Quite lovely finds, I thought. So like I said, I dropped by. When they said they were having a sale, boy, they meant it. I got 12 books, 12 movies, and 2 books on tape for $21. Not bad! Granted, most of those movies were VHS. But hey, we have a VCR. (Is VCR going to date me with my kids?)

I felt like a big spender, but the deals were just too good to pass. (And we had enough fun money. Hooray for budgeting!) That's my triumph. It made my day.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Way-to-go! That definitely beats Amazon.

Kira said...

Most excellent.

Kristy Lynne said...

Nice finds! Yes, VCR's will date us with our children.