Thursday, April 2, 2009

An Important Epiphany

Okay, y'all. (The correct way to spell that, by the way. Not ya'll. It is you and all contracted. But I digress.) This is very important. Listen to my story...

I think I've mentioned that I have the perfect husband. He really is the sweetest, most gentle and kind and everything wonderful. And I'm not exaggerating. Those of you who know him know I'm not exaggerating. Well, we had a fight tonight. I know. Gasp! Really, we almost never fight. (And our fighting isn't knock-down-drag-out like I had with my brothers growing up.) He said something and I took it wrong. (Even though I've been warned and do warn people to realize that husbands almost never say anything to hurt their wives... wife? whatever. And did I mention our fights are always my fault? No joke. No. Really. I'm not kidding. I'm so petty sometimes.) I spent the next couple of hours trying not to be hurt, but just feeling awful. When we said our prayers, I prayed and prayed that Satan would go away and leave me alone and Heavenly Father would make me feel better. Morgan fell asleep while reading to me as usual. (Too cute!) I was laying awake when I realized something. CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND! Duh. All of a sudden, I felt lighter than air. It wasn't my fault I was so touchy when I always preach to be less quick to be hurt. (That was a dumb sentence.) And okay, it was partly my fault, but I really am not usually so touchy. I feel like Heavenly Father quickly answered my plea for help and I'm planning on having a great Conference Weekend! How about you? Anybody else unreasonably grouchy?

7 comments:

Sheri and her Men said...

I with you! Cranky and short tempered for no reason. It too shall pass. Yay Conference!

ldsjaneite said...

Personally, I think I'm The Eternal Grouch. But I am so excited for Conference. Best two times of the year!!!

Jamie Jo said...

Cranky lately? Oh, don't let me get started. Yesterday i was near tears for no reason. At least I knew it was for no reason, so I didn't blame Brian like I normally do. And, well, I have the best excuse ever: pregnancy. It'll play with your mind, man!
One day I even said, "Honey, I really appreciate the hugs and telling me you love me, but can you love me from over there (pointing to across the room)?" At least we both laughed at that.
Can't wait for conference!

Anonymous said...

YES!! I am, in fact Craig and I had a fight last night and I hate that :( in fact I was up at 4:30AM and couldn't get to sleep because I was so upset by it :(. (I think it would be better if I didn't have to be apart all night long - 27 days!)

Thank you for sharing - I already feel better!!

Sara Lyn said...

Glad I'm not the only one.
Sheri, I love you. Enjoy Conference.

Heidi, you're not an eternal grouch. You're wonderful.

Jamie Jo, yea for having a great excuse! When we first got married, Morgan would get a little offended when I would tell him, "Morgan, I'm not rational and I need you to leave me alone. Whatever you say will make it worse. Whatever you do will make it worse." He now understands that I'm not trying to offend him. I'm trying to not snap unreasonably! So we get along just dandy. :)

Shara, that stinks that y'all had a fight. I'm not kidding about this conference thing. This 27 days will go slowly but be gone before you know it! Pre-Morgan seems unreal to me in many, many ways.

Love you all. Thanks for reading!

Kristy Lynne said...

It's been a crabby week, going on tour and being slighted, losing my keys, having to have the van towed 50 miles, finding our tires were bald and having to replace TWO!

Yet today has gone really well. I am kinda nervous that the day before conference has gone so easily. I even finished listening to a librivox of Pride and Prejudice just now.

Maybe I already received the storm? Or I'm just in the warm front before it hits. Who knows. (I know Morgan is perfect...but Brian is perfect for me! Chuckle:)

Sara Lyn said...

What a week! Glad that you're getting to enjoy Pride and Prejudice. That book is sublime. Austen's language makes me most happy.