Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yesterday

This is what we did yesterday. We started here:

Then we took a drive and started a walk here:

Which led us here:

Which looks like this from the inside:

Then we walked back so we could go around the lake.

And kept walking.

There were some pretty cool trees. Bug is showing this one off.

A pretty path:

Ducks in a row.

Look. There's the Jefferson Memorial across the water.

WWII Memorial.

View of the Washington Monument from WWII.

I liked the flag.

Bug and Mike showing off the fountain.

This was above our heads.

More ducks.

I liked this shot. (Obviously you could see this one from everywhere.)

Cool trees right before the Vietnam Memorial.

The Vietnam Memorial was fun to take pictures of.

Another fun shot.

Lots of people had left flags and flowers.



Did I mention you could see it everywhere?


The sun was shining right above the Lincoln Memorial.

There he is.

Korean War Memorial.

Liked this quote.

You could barely see the Lincoln Memorial through the gap.

Um...

On the walk back, we saw this some more.

It looked so pretty.

The waterside walk was nice and shady.

From everywhere. Really.

Can you see Jefferson?

Finally almost back to the car!!!

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

I love D.C. I wish I could have gone more. It bugs me that I lived in two states within a reasonable distance of this amazing monumental (literally) place, and never got to go and just spend all day--or numerous days--touring.

Amy G. said...

You made me look! lol! sigh... I miss Maryland. Well, sort of. :) There's still nothing that compares to the feeling I would get when the DC Temple would just suddenly appear while driving on the beltway.

Seth said...

Very cool set of pictures. Like the funny captions.

Bri... only she said...

sigh. just beautiful!

David said...

Looks like a lot of fun!