Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This and that (with some beauty thrown in)

I've just read my first nonfiction for the year. A book called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. I don't know if this book is for everyone, but I loved the practical application of how to take your life and feel happier. Happiness takes work. I liked how much I identified with things she wrote about and I got all sorts of good ideas about how to help myself feel happier so I can help others feel happier.

The shortcuts that I learned a few weeks ago are becoming more natural and I love them.

And for the beauty part of this, I decided to post one of my favorite Barbara Bonney videos. She makes me happy. :) I can listen to this music over and over...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was so hoping you would list some of the tips you picked up. Always fun to learn/review!

Love you!

Sara Lyn said...

I wanted to write a huge post about the book, but when I actually sat down to type, I was feeling busy, so it was shorter than I planned. Maybe I'll do a second post with more detail.