Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Long List

So I can't blame you if you don't read this whole list, but we were trying to put together a list of lots of dinners that we like. (Or parts of dinners, as the case may be.) If you don't want to read the whole thing (which is in no particular order), just comment with some of your favorite dinners. I feel like you can never have enough ideas. Most of these are very easy and fairly cheap, by the way.

Dinners:

taco soup
taco salad
black beans and rice with roast pork
vegetable soup (my mom's way, obviously. Yum!)
stew
chicken and rice
spaghetti (I particularly love it on spaghetti squash)
hamburgers (with either ground beef or ground turkey)
lasagna/lasagna in a pot (less mess the pot way)
oatmeal burgers (a personal favorite)
stroganoff (however you spell it)
pork chops and scalloped potatoes (or ham)
pizza (my favorite is green peppers and pineapple)
shepherd's pie
stir fry
Hawaiian haystacks (don't forget the whipped cream and cherries)
rice and beans (my roommate's style)
burritos (my uncle's style)
chicken teriyaki
chicken a la king
chicken pot pie
ginger ale pot roast
chicken broccoli stuffing yumminess
BBQ chicken
baked potatoes with toppings
corned beef and eggs
Hoppin' John
stuffed peppers
lentils, especially on quesadillas
sweet potato pork roast with peppers
fajitas
French market soup
meatballs
calzones
chicken broccoli casserole
chicken broth soup
cornbread with chili (emphasis on the cornbread!)
ravioli
chicken cordon bleu
parmesan chicken
sloppy joes
chicken enchiladas
French toast
tuna casserole
sweet and sour chicken
salmon
chicken fettuccine
whole wheat waffles with strawberry and peach blend
mac & cheese with cabbage and hot dogs (cabbage is a must! cabbage and onions would be good, too)
funeral potatoes
potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce. No kidding.
creamed egg on toast
cream tuna on rice
meatloaf
Salisbury steak
quiche
jumbalaya
chicken paprika
Swedish pancakes
subs
fancy nachos
brisket
chicken salad
tuna salad
Chipotle chicken

Bored yet? I love lists of food so there are lots of options. I like lots of variety. I would love more to add to my list, so add away, please.

And for some pretty music... Did I mention I love Thomas Newman?

8 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Oh, Wall-E. I was just thinking today how I have a crush on him. :-)

No Wontons?! OK. I guess they aren't that cheap. ha ha

Sarah said...

Imitation Cafe Rio?

Sara Lyn said...

Heidi - Wall-E is adorable. I'm in love with the music, though. And wontons are not cheap. But fun. So they shall be added.

Sarah - Do you have the recipe? That sounds great!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

I sometimes feel like "oh brother. what to make for dinner. so little to choose from." But then I make a list like yours and wowsers! there's actually a ton of fun to eat our way through. Thank you for reminding me. I'm going to forward on to you a recipe for cottage pie - Brit style. LOVE YOU!

Seth said...

Are you kidding, that's not boring. Now, I have a dinner list to pin on the wall for when I'm asked for dinner requests.

Great soundtrack, I think it's my favorite of Thomas Newman's. In the picture with Eve scanning the wall, I did that scanner. :)

Sara Lyn said...

Mona - I didn't even add meals that Morgan can't eat like the yumminess we had at your place one night. (tomato, mozzarella, avocado...) Thank you for the recipes!

Seth - :) That's why I made this list. Because whenever I sit down to think about a meal plan, I can't come up with anything. :) This might be my favorite Thomas Newman soundtrack, too. I don't know. "Meet Joe Black" has excellent music... Good job on the scanner, by the way! :)

Seth said...

I'll have to listen to "meet joe black" sometime, I don't think I know that one.

Starpix said...

i adore this music! in particular when Eve takes off on that flight right after she's dropped off on Earth. lovely!