Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's You

I've debated posting this, but decided I'll just do it. Morgan and I saw "Music & Lyrics" and while I actually wouldn't recommend it for various reasons, I did very much enjoy the music from it. Especially this song:



I don't know if this song makes much sense without having seen the movie. But I think it's one of the sweetest, most romantic songs I've heard. My husband has heard me say this many times and endured listening to the song even more.

When we were engaged, he wrote me a really wonderful song. We put a few of the lyrics on a bookmark as a keepsake at one of our open houses. "You are the verse that I write. You are the song that I sing." He surprised me again this month with another song he had written while I was away working. He said he wrote it in the style of one of my favorite songs. [see above] Here's part of it:

Have you ever stood still and watched the clouds roll by?
Or closed your eyes and listened to the rain?
Have you ever been embraced by a summer breeze?
Or seen the perfect sunset end the perfect day?
Well, I have, and I do, and it's you.

4 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Oh cute! How romantic!
Luke can't even figure out how to buy me flowers or chocolate for V-day!

ldsjaneite said...

You have such an amazing husband--and you deserve it! So sweet!

Svedi Pie said...

That is so sweet! I love they way you two interact and the friendship and support you give each other. And those lyrics gave me goosebumps.

Thank you for sharing.

Sara Lyn said...

I wish y'all could hear the song. It's really sweet.