Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let me share with you...

Since I have impeccable taste, I am going to share a few beautiful things I've found. (And, of course, because of my impeccable taste, I just know you're going to love them!)



My sister Kira introduced me to the Like the Scriptures series. She showed us "David and Goliath" and thus I first heard this song. I could listen to this song a million times and not get sick of it. Daniel Beck sings the king's part. Isn't he amazing? And Spencer Forsey as David isn't so bad either. Thanks, Kira!

The next thing I wanted to (possibly) introduce you to was Il Divo's version of Amazing Grace. YouTube won't let me embed it here. (There's a note in that area.) But the url is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtrnB4FZ-yc

Go listen to it. Now! I'm serious. You won't regret it. Mom and I discovered this last week, fell in love, and bought the CD. Have you heard anything so beautiful. If you're still reading this, I'm serious. Go watch it now! Aren't those bagpipes gorgeous?! (And for those of you who are stilling reading and haven't listened to it yet, they're only in there for a short while. Just go listen and you'll know what we're talking about.)

Speaking of bagpipes, I know a lot of people don't like their sound, but I love them. I melt when I hear bagpipes. Mom says it's got to be in our blood.

Okay. I won't share all of my favorites at one time. You don't have the time and I want to have something to talk about later. :) I hope you've enjoyed these beautiful songs. Let me know what you think.

Thank you, YouTube, for supporting my ability to discover new and beautiful things and share them with others.

5 comments:

Kira said...

Thanks for the link. Everyone was crying tonight,and the first songs have always hit the spot.

Seth said...

Wow, thanks for posting! The David and Saul song hits the nail right on the head, I think. I've been wanting to hear that again. And now I'm going to have to go look into the Il Divo CD. :)

Kira said...

Told you.

ldsjaneite said...

Ahh--no YouTube at work. Will have to wait until tonight. But I love that song, too. I believe we've talked about it before. :-) Looking forward to the Il Divo song. I enjoy hearing them on my Pandora stations.

Bri... only she said...

Ha ha! I love them too and Grant and Hannah make fun of me for it! THey're the best for real! Then again... I also think most of the Barbie movies are genius... but I did make them both sit down to watch one of them with me and they liked it... so there! :D

Love your blog!