Monday, May 2, 2011

May Challenge

Since emerald is the birthstone for May, read a book with a green cover.

April check up:

I read Emerson Eggerich's "Love and Respect" for my marriage book in April. It was super fantastic! And since I've been paying more attention to the issues he brings up, I have noticed some interesting things. Curious? You should definitely read the book! :)

I started several other marriage books, but that was the only one that was good enough to finish of the ones I tried this month.

My nonfiction books for the month were:
"How Starbucks Saved My Life" by Michael Gates Gill

"And Furthermore" by Judi Dench

and "Reading Like a Writer" by Francine Prose


I loved "Starbucks," enjoyed "And Furthermore," and was disappointed by "Reading."

Some of the other books I read:





3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wahoo for all that AWESOME reading! I really want to get the Love and Respect one soon!

Love you Ra!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

Okay - now you are going to make me confess that I hadn't exactly finished Love and Respect when I told you about it. I keep going through it and marking it up so much and making notes and transferring passages into a study notebook that I can't seem to get to the finish! But I will - so don't tell me how it ends!

Also, may I drop a plug that I've resurrected my old Sunday blog: Mona's Gospel Musings http://monasgospelmusings.blogspot.com/

P.S. Since I also recommended "Uncommon Reader" to you, I guess I should 'fess up and take the hit for that one too, though I stand by it as perfect contemporary England humor. :) LOVE YOU!

ldsjaneite said...

Ha ha! Mona--that reminds me of a book my mother gave me 3 Christmases ago. "A Single Voice" by Kristin Oaks. It's so good and I take so many notes, I'm still only halfway through!