Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another great

I saw "White Christmas" for the first time when I was a teenager and immediately fell in love with "Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep." I wanted to find the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's version because it is so beautiful, but the original movie version works, too. :)



This one is on the list to memorize. Any other great lullaby-ish songs out there that I don't know about? (Possibly my favorite type of music, by the way.)

Oh, why not? Here's another. (Hey, they're both short.)

6 comments:

Tales of Whimsy said...

I LOVE Bing :0)

Kristy Lynne said...

Bug loved your songs so much that I've tried to learn your list of songs. Aren't they great!?!

Seth said...

The only thing I can think of is Mary Poppins, which has probably long been added or discarded from your list. I *love* "Feed the Birds" (feels very nostalgic). "Stay Awake" isn't so bad either, I find myself singing it to my kids sometimes, though I tend to sing it like this...

"Stay awake, don't close your eyes. Hmmmm hmm hmmmm hmm hmmmmm hmm hmmmm. Stay awake, hmm hmmmm hmm hmmmmmm." And then they take the advice literally.

Sara Lyn said...

Seth - I love both "Feed the Birds" and "Stay Awake." I finally sat down and learned all of "Stay Awake" one day so I no longer have to do the hmm hmmmm hmmm part, because that's what I used to do, too. :) It cracked me up that you said they took your advice literally. :)

Ramona Zabriskie said...

We couldn't help but sing "Feed the Birds" as we saw St. Paul's Cathedral across the River Thames from the Globe on Saturday night! And I memorized "Count Your Blessings" years ago and taught it to my whole family.

ldsjaneite said...

I love all the mentioned songs--good ones for lullabies. I want my own list of lullabies, as long ago I had decided each of my children would have their "own" lullaby. And I can't help loving "Baby Mine" (with a couple of altered lyrics).