Saturday, January 21, 2012

Music news

A couple of years ago, Morgan entered some music into the LDS Church Music Submission. (Or whatever it is called.) A few months later, we found out he received special recognition. They asked if he wanted to sign over rights to the song (kind of) so they could post it on lds.org. He agreed. We checked the site over and over and never saw it. However, look what we found this week! (He's about ten down.)

So if you are in a ward choir, print off his music and give it a try! And it's free for you! :)

Morgan arranged this for a stake conference choir piece. It was supposed to be one of the prelude numbers, but because of circumstances beyond our control, we didn't get to sing it for prelude. Morgan was a little disappointed, but was rather pragmatic about it. However, some whispering went on (by other people) and it was announced that it would be the piece would be sung by the choir right before the general authority who was visiting spoke.

We sang our little hearts out and it was very beautiful, if I do say so myself. So beautiful that when the general authority stood to speak, he looked back at Morgan and told him how much he enjoyed the piece. That was quite the thrill!

5 comments:

Me said...

Awesome!!!!!!

Sarah said...

How COOL is that?!
Congratulations!
Whoopy!

Fran said...

Way to go Morgan...I still have a copy of your arrangement of I Stand All Amazed...some day I will get to sing it. I will also make a copy of this new one for my branch music chair. Sara Lyn, I miss you and your visits a ton...Wish I had you here as my friend/VT too. Sometimes it's Missouri, sometimes we call it Misery. LOL Love you both.

Seth said...

Cool!

ldsjaneite said...

Yay! Congratulations!