Saturday, September 17, 2011

Arden's Vale

Morgan has spent some of his downtime over the last couple of years making a computer adventure game a la old school adventure games. He put it out so people could play it about a month ago. Last night, he looked it up on Google and found all sorts of fun things!

You can find some reviews here.

He even found websites from Germany and France that gave reviews. :)

But best of all, it's on YouTube!



The guy is British and has all sorts of fun comments. We enjoyed watching it. You don't have to watch the whole thing, but check it out. [Watch out. There is a very tiny bit of language.] If you only want to watch a little bit, start at about 7:08 to 7:38. Fun-ny. (By the way, check out his tags. They're hilarious! Very clever guy.)

I'm proud of him for this game. It's really great! He and his sister came up with the story. He did all the coding, animation, music, puzzles, etc... There are all sorts of references to the old adventure games like King's Quest and Quest for Glory. Yay for Morgan!

7 comments:

Jeff said...

That is an awesome game! Great work Morgan!

I love the commentary on the YouTube video. Hilarious. :-)

ldsjaneite said...

Sweet! It's great Morgan finished it. And I got to plan it during its creation stages!! I feel like I'm connected to famousness. Woohoo!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Wow! Very cool! Who knew?

And I love the british guy's accent.

amy said...

Ha. I could have told him not to go up the staircase :D

Seth said...

Awesome!! Making stuff that others enjoy can be very addicting. :)

I love that the guy addresses all of Riel's funny behaviors directly to her (as opposed to the game makers), like the fond "Oh Riel, you strange lass" or "...like that large rock you just refused to pick up!" and "*sigh* Riel". Haha.

And the rock and rope comment is hilarious, spot on. Hahaha.

Nice work Morgan for pulling the whole thing together. So what's the next step? ;)

ldsjaneite said...

Uh, I just noticed my typo. I meant to say play. Yeah.

I love some of the comments, too.

Debbie said...

Excellent! Or "Sweet!" as Riel would say... Good job Morgan.