Monday, August 1, 2011

August Challenge

The challenge for August it is back to school time. Read a book from either a summer reading list (high school, of course,) or this link.

As far as my report for this past month, it kind of stinks. But for good reasons generally.

The book I read for a place I wanted to visit was set in Lyme. It was "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier. It was a very interesting book about two women in the 1800s who were fossil hunters. And I have to say that I want to go to Lyme even more now...

For my nonfiction books, I read The Book of Mormon (start to finish) and 150 Power Foods by the editors of the Martha Stewart Magazine.

Read a few more books, but mostly was busy with other things this month.

Happy reading in August!

5 comments:

Ramona Zabriskie said...

My month "stunk" too - but also for good reasons! I am so glad you read Remarkable Creatures!

Seth said...

Thanks for the list, I'm going to give one of those a try. Or if you have any of them (preferably one of the shorter ones), can you bring it to Utah?

Sara Lyn said...

Seth - Are there any you're particularly interested in?

Kira said...

I just finished the Hunger Game series. Have you read them?

Sara Lyn said...

Kira - I've had a lot of people recommend that series, but I'm not a big dystopian novel fan and just haven't been in the mood for them yet. Did you like the series?