Monday, July 18, 2011

Overheard Conversations

I have always loved to write down the random bits of conversation that I hear. I thought I'd share today's.

Young man: You've NEVER heard of iambic pentameter?!

Old man: No.

Young man: Never?!!!

Old man: Nope.

Young man: It's a form of Japanese poetry.


I was laughing to myself about the first part of the conversation, but when the young man said that last bit, I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing out loud! The funniest part was he was so condescending about the older man not being as knowledgeable as he was.

:)

5 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

"Stupidity is much the same all the world over." -John Stuart Mills

Jeanine Gee said...

I'm so glad to hear you are still writing these down! You could probably produce a desk calendar that would be a big hit at Christmas!

Bri... only she said...

i love that SOOOOO much!!! ha ha ha

Debbie said...

HIL-arious!

Sarah said...

I remember you talking about iambic pentameter somewhere in the past. I still had to look it up after this quoted conversation:)

I came away from this with a stronger desire to be humble:)

Looooooooooooooooove you!