Friday, January 3, 2014

HM&SL Book Challenge 2013 Report

Like Heidi-Marie, my goal this past year was to read less books than usual. I did better than she did, but then again, I don't have to read for my job. :)

Here are some of my favorite books from the year:

Troubled Waters - Sharon Shinn
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle
Because of Winn-Dixie - Kate DiCamillo
Happier at Home - Gretchen Rubin
Wife for Life: The Power to Succeed in Marriage - Ramona Zabriskie
The Many Loves of Marriage - Thomas and Nannette Kinkade
Seven from Heaven - Kenny and Bobbi McCaughey
The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap - Wendy Welch
My Life with Eleanor: A Memoir - Noelle Hancock
Crooked House - Agatha Christie
The Franchise Affair - Josephine Tey
Bewitching Season - Marissa Doyle
Edenbrooke - Julianne Donaldson
Blackmoore - Julianne Donaldson
Squashed - Joan Bauer
Wonder - R. J. Palacio
Death in the Stocks - Georgette Heyer
Carry On, Jeeves - P. G. Wodehouse
The Mansion - Henry Van Dyke
Spare Change - Aubrey Mace
Life's Lessons Learned: Personal Reflections - Dallin H. Oaks
A Heart Like His - Virginia Pearce
The Continuous Conversion - Brad Wilcox
For Times of Trouble - Jeffrey R. Holland
The Great Divorce - C. S. Lewis
The Lauren Holbrook series - Erynn Mangum
The Christmas List - Richard Paul Evans
Time and the Hour - Faith Baldwin

I got a higher total of points than I anticipated. This was because I either owned or had on my to-do list 51 of the books I read. That helped my score immensely!

Total points - 1080

My highest scoring category was Mystery, which was kind of funny to me as I didn't realize I read that many mysteries. :)

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

I've read some of those books and loved them, too! How fun. I love our book challenges. :-)