Monday, November 19, 2012

A New Member of Our Family

So on Friday morning, I dropped Morgan off at his ride to work and was driving back home when I noticed a garage sale sign. Now, those are everywhere and I rarely pay much attention, but this one caught my eye.

I felt strongly I should stop, but remembered I didn't have any money on me, so I thought about returning later. But then I got another impression to stop, so following the Prophet's counsel "I have learned... never to postpone a prompting" (find the talk here), I turned and followed signs to the garage sale.

Lo and behold, at the very front of the sale stood a vacuum. (Just as background, since we have mostly tile in our house, we haven't bought a vacuum yet. They're expensive! But we have been wanting one so we don't have to borrow my parents' every time we want to vacuum our room.) I asked the lady running the sale if it picked up well and she said it did and then offered me a discount. :) She put the vacuum aside while I ran home to get some cash. And now we are now proud owners of a vacuum. And she was right. It really does pick up well.

Blessings for paying tithing? Probably. Blessings for following a prompting? Probably. But I know for sure that the Lord is aware of me and my needs. Like President Monson, I marvel:

I never cease to be amazed by how the Lord can motivate and direct the length and breadth of His kingdom and yet have time to provide inspiration concerning one individual.... The fact that He can, that He does, is a testimony to me.

4 comments:

David said...

Blogs should have "like" buttons.

Sara Lyn said...

:)

Carrie said...

"LIKE" :)

Sarah said...

Teary-eyed over here. I may be tired too, but that's beside the point. Such a blessing!