Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day One - A Song from My Childhood

I'm challenging myself to post every day for 25 days. I found a list called 25 Days, 25 Songs, which I will be following. Today's post is a song from my childhood.

I wanted to put up some Power Tunes, but they're not on YouTube, so no dice. However, I highly recommend them. I'm not sure if you can even find the music any more, but I bet I could still sing every song to you. :)

Then I thought of putting something from Standin' Tall. However, they did not have any single songs on YouTube, so... Same problem. :) I would probably have put up something from "Dependability." Seth and I put on a puppet show for that one that particularly stands out in my mind.

So third choice:



I listened to a lot of Disney songs as a kid, but I picked this one for several reasons. Like many Disney soundtracks, I had the music from "The Lion King" memorized before I ever saw the movie. The music was gorgeous and really caught my attention - especially the background music. Now I know the name "Hans Zimmer" and appreciate why I loved the music so much. (Innate good taste.) :)

I also learned how to sign this song in an ASL class. When my middle school chorus sang a medley of songs from "The Lion King," I was asked to sign this song. (That was an intensely embarrassing experience. Why I told the teacher I knew how to sign it is beyond me.)

Every time I hear music from "The Lion King," it reminds me of my childhood.

No comments: