Thursday, November 3, 2011

November Challenge

Here is the challenge for the month: November is the best month of the year. Read a fun book!

Report for October:
When I said a book concerning America, I really meant that as broadly as possible. In other words, I counted books set in America. :)

So my "American" books were:

Love Finds You in Hershey, Pennsylvania - Cerella Sechrist (which was okay)
Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas - Sandra D. Bricker (pretty fun)
Time and the Hour - Faith Baldwin (love her style for some reason I haven't pinpointed yet)
I Just Got a Letter from Allyson Pringle - Anya Bateman (cute)
The Makeover of James Orville Wickenbee - Anya Bateman (loved it)
Fat Cat - Robin Brande (okay)
Consider Lily - Anne Dayton and May Vanderbilt (okay)

My nonfiction books were:

Home: A Memoir of My Early Years - Julie Andrews Edwards (very good)
Through His Eyes - Virginia H. Pearce (excellent!)

My other books were:

Marshmallows for Breakfast - Dorothy Koomson (thought-provoking. Difficult in some parts. Glad I read it.)
Suspense and Sensibility - Carrie Bebris (part of a Mr. and Mrs. Darcy mystery series. Fun.)
Amrita - Banana Yoshimoto (my first Japanese book in a long time. Interesting, but...)

All in all, it was a pretty interesting reading month. I read a lot of books that were out of my usual zone. It was broadening in a lot of ways, but also reminded me why I tend to read the way I do...

1 comment:

Me said...

I will soooo have to check some of these books out!