Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sunday

I have been having a little bit of a hard time getting into the Christmas Season this year. The year just passed by too quickly and I can't believe it's already December, much less halfway through! Anyway, my dad had a brilliant idea that we executed on Sunday and I've been much more in the Christmas Spirit since. It involved this:



And this:



Not to mention lots of other similar songs. (Anyone guessing a theme here?) :) Anyway, a group of about 25 people and Handel's Messiah. It was a joyous occasion.

(As a side note, I'd never heard of this soprano before. Should I be ashamed? I think she has a beautiful soprano voice!)

5 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

P.S. You should check out the way she sings "Ach, Ich Fuehl's"!!! Gorgeous! So light up there!

Sara Lyn said...

And listen to her sing Ave Maria!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQVz6vuNq7s

I think I'm going to add her up as my other favorite soprano along with Sissel!

Unknown said...

My stake hosted a Messiah performance on Sunday. It was a sing-along; my mom and I were the only ones singing where we were sitting. As we sang, I couldn't help but feel a fountain of joy for my Savior. It is an amazing phenomenon how singing of Christ brings the Spirit straight to the heart. Thanks for sharing these.

Ramona Zabriskie said...

So honey -- wish we'd been with you all Sunday night! How did you do it without your conductor and bossy logistics manager??? How on earth did you know what order to stand in or where you were in the "Amen Chorus"?!

After 13 years of sacrificing our anniversary to Messiah performances, guess what we're doing on our 33rd tonight?

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=10300

Seth said...

Aw, that sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. I almost didn't sing/listen to anything Messiah this Christmas season, so thanks for that!