Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What I did over the weekend...

I like to work on projects that don't take much thought during Conference. It helps me stay awake. :) Actually, it also helps me concentrate. This Conference, while listening to amazing talks which inspired and comforted me, I did this:


And this:


Which together makes this:


I found both patterns for free on Ravelry.com, a fun site my friend introduced me to. The pattern for the scarf is here. The pattern for the hat is here. I didn't come up with these patterns. However, the more patterns I try, the more I really feel I understand how crocheting works. That's kind of fun seeing as I've never really understood it before.

2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Love the items--and love the lovely, happy model!

Anonymous said...

agreed: the model, the artwork, the artist . . . ALL beautiful!